Saturday, June 13, 2009

Call Weekend

Sitting in the OR again spending my weekend. A little old lady is next to me groaning in pain waiting to ditch her gallbladder. Pain sucks, as she keeps saying "I can't stand it". This is my second trip here today.
Greg is in the studio putting bass on Maureen Maureen. I just ran home and racked up the API so he gets the TONE you know. API ARSENAL PURPLE = great bass tone. He is using the RON bass on the track. That guitar sounds so big, bouncy, and round. Speaking of Ron, the devil struck again and yours truly bought his dads 1967 Gibson B25N. I can't believe that one, the sound is so rich and full. Especially for such a small instrument. Its probably due to the forty plus year old mahogany opening up during the aging process. That is why old acoustics sound so superior to new ones as a rule. Old wood is better (being my age I like the sound of that). One hundred dollars. Wonder what his dad would say (or think). Such a tragedy. The monkey wins again. Should I have just let him pawn it and loose it? I love this guitar.
John and Greg start the Invisible Music recordings tommorrow. Drums are up first with Jeff Snow. I just put my drums away to make room for Jeff's huge kit. It is a set of CC custom made drums that mirrors the John Bohnam set. It is one of the nicest kits I've ever seen, though I'm still partial to Gregs set best of all. I just love those drums. Speaking of drums, Greg is becoming quite adept at playing drums for recording. Sometimes he amazes me with his abilities. He's quite versatile.
This week we have lots to do. Monday night is Storch vocals. Tuesday are Chafin vocals. Wednesday I want to work on some of mine before I forget them. Friday I have a friend coming over to edit. I need to finish the Storch project, as well as Chafin, so that I can move forward with mine. Everyone seems so busy with their own stuff I just can't ever seem to get time to have them work on mine. I want to get some violin soon on a few cuts, I'll start bugging folks soon.
I'm gonna put up a huge time block calender in the studio so I can keep better track of time. I feel as though it will help. Lately we have had a lot of last minute cancellations. Thats OK for the people cancelling but leaves me with large blocks of wasted studio time.
No pics today as I am not home. Have a great day, Marc

1 comment:

  1. love hearin about all the creative energy, from the OR much less! ;)

    ReplyDelete