Saturday, June 20, 2009

what a long strange trip


this week has been a whirlwind.  JR and Greg spent four days turning on every piece of gear at the same time.  The result was amazing, although we did find one line hum.  Damn 60 cycle.  I also didn't know you could put a tube mic so close to the floor.  The room sounds for the cuts are so thick they sound like molasses.  
Storch vocals followed with Bill doing the leads on "Rain till we need it" and "Just ain't so".  It was cool to see his reaction when he donned his headphones and stepped up to the mic.  After about 10 minutes he said the mic was more like a musical instrument.  He said he had to relearn how to deliver the song because of the responsiveness.  In the end, he lamented that you could "feel" the emotions with the setup.  I told him that was the RETRO176 and the PELUSO combination.  It's a whole different animal.  
Last night I was just hangin and Greg asked if I wanted to play "Circling the drain" with Blackfinger.  I grabbed my guitar, yeah, I took the blonde, I always take the blonde, and went down to Southshore.  It was fun playing with them.  I forget how much I miss playin out.  I could tell I was all nervous and stiff.  Once the sweat starts flowing it just like ridin a horse.  I had a flippin ball.  Thanks Greg, Sean, Jesse and Andy.  Sorry bout the solo Andy. It all worked out well to because Gregs guitar died so I left him mine for the rest of the night.  
Today we work on Maureen Maureen.  Then when JR wakes, it's on to invisible tasks.
Happy fathers day to all my dad friends and my best friend, my dad, Clyde Ward.  I know there have been times when he wanted to throw me down the well. 
Gonna play guitar with Lunchbox on July3 for the new PROFIT BOYS video for "Got em' like".It's gonna be filmed at the Miarge in Lake Worth. Let's see, a strip club, alcohol, and cameras.  This could be epic.  Please save a few pennies for us in case we need it for bail.  Todays pic is from the last episode of "got em' like".  Wow that's one skinny white guy.  Joey Ramone!  I don't care, I've got lots of guitars.   

2 comments:

  1. man, that rocks about playing "circlin", how cool for you!! sounds like another crazy busy week for you guys.
    take care and have an awesome week!!
    : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. bail money = another party essential (dont make fun of my spelling skillz) ;)

    ReplyDelete