Saturday, June 27, 2009

to the red line

Summer is here and ELEGBALAND is running wide open. Invisible Music (JR's) project sounds soooo good it's off scale. Nice to hear searing guitars and a full rock band. Greg and John have grasped the pebble from my hand, and now, appear to be the new masters of the studio. Our Retro 176 has become the roux in our mix. You can't get bad tone from it. Today Susan Snow comes to lay down some violin on select tracks.
The Prine project is moving forward. We have a few more bands on board. I hope John Prine has a good security wall around him because I am going to get to him. He will be involved by the time I finish. When he hears the quality of the recordings and the wonderful interprtations of his songs, he will have no other choice. He also will find out how utterly relentless I am. We love you John!
Tropical Depression is moving forward. I was supposed to work on vocals this a.m. with Greg, but I have a cold and sound like I have a mitten in my nose. Guess I won't be in the boys hair today as I don't want them all to get sick. Gotta take care of my boys.
One last lament, why does a fifty year old man still get pimples. It just isn't fair. Bad enough I look older than everyone else, but why the fuck do I need a pimple to acentuate my age lines. If I ever get to talk to GOD we are going to go round and round over that. Nothing like feeling like shit and looking the part too. Today I shall hide from everyone with sight. Have a great day, Marc

2 comments:

  1. hope you get well soon! can't wait to hear some of the j.p. songs, and more of yours too! take care of you, and have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aaaawwwwwww..... boooo for pimples at any age!!! but music is always good, so props to u hard workin boys!!!

    take care,
    pinks

    ReplyDelete