Sunday, June 7, 2009

WHAT DAY IS IT?


I' FEEL AS THOUGH I JUST THAWED OUT FROM BEING FROZEN A HUNDRED YEARS.  When I walked out the studio door the other ay, I noticed the season had changed.  I've got to take some time off.  We are so busy.  The Chafin session last night went off without a hitch.  JR and I chased a ghost in the machine all day and it disappeared right before the session.  Andy killed the guitar solo to Heroes the night before.  All Storch guitars are in the can, and next up are the vocals.  I might begin the vocals to my songs today.  The frames are in place for me to try the real thing on a few more, "Painting the town", by me and "Hello in there" from the Prine sessions.  
Our new gear rocks.  The RERTO 176 is the single most amazing piece of equipment I have ever owned.  It makes anything passing through it sound better,  like fairy dust.  The Arsenal Audio EQ can carve out a path for an instrument that has never been available to us before.  Plug-ins are nice but this EQ is transparent. 
JR and the "invisible people" begin recording saturday.  That should be a treat.  I love hearing new JR material.  It is the standard I measure the rest by!  
Todays pix are of recent sessions.  First, my friend Ron Desaram.  Next is Greg recording Andy's leads on "Heroes".  John Storch strangles a strat for the Storch CD, and Coconut Phil wiggles the strings on a cherry SHOWBUD pedal steel on "Speed of Loneliness".  Lastly, Andy shows how the monkeys do it.  Now all he needs is a prehensile tail.
Remember, nothing matters but the music.   It is the intertwining thread that is our lives. It is the pulsating beat of our world. The complex rhythms that start with our heartbeat and follow with our minds.  I hope my muse never leaves.  I couldn't imagine a life without a soundtrack.  


I hear vacation plans are in order for Nikki and her friend Pinky.  Lake Worth beach, is that right?  Maybe Blackfinger will play "Sunshine Smackdown" while your in town.  Should be a hoot!  Till Later, stay on the beat, Marc

2 comments:

  1. ;) I believe you hear correctly!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. a life without a soundtrack....what a terrible thought.
    i like what ya said about music...so true.
    thanks for doin' what you do.
    AND
    please encourage a BF performance..haha.
    you guys rock.

    ReplyDelete