Saturday, May 16, 2009

A DAY WITH NO PLANS




Was supposed to record the lead guitars to CIRCLIN and HEROES today but Andy had a radical change of plans.  Oh well, me and Greg are going to work on DEAR JOHN (That fucking guitar).  I have been waiting a long time for this.  The song is very near and dear to me.  It is about a very close friend and the heartbreak that life sometimes brings.  Sometimes we have to give up the things we love to save our own lives.  Other times we don't have the choice.  
Made a deal with a friend who owns the local piano store to trade studio time for a new piano.  It is a 50 in studio upright made in London by Knight piano company.  I wasn't sure at first until I hit low C.  I struck the note and was sold.  If God had a piano, this is what it would sound like.  A major upgrade for ELEGBALAND.  It has direct hammers and a removable action for servicing.  Top quality.  
Went downtown last night for dinner and ran into Marie N and Phillip.  She is one of my favorite chicks ever.  We went to the bandshell and saw Rod McDonald and his band.  The lead guitar player was one of the best i've ever seen.  Bill Meredith was behind the drums.  They were top notch.  
John Ralston is back home and I can't wait to see him.  He drove all day yesterday from New Orleans.  I10 sucks driving east in the morning with the sun in your face and nothing but highway to watch.  I'm real jazzed to hear the new tracks. 
Todays pix are: my friend Andy McManus playing mandolin, my daughter Tiffany and my granddaughter Hunter, and, Our newest member of the ELEGBALAND family zoo, Jimmy M (the lizard king).  Jimmy is now in residence at the poinciana tree over our pond.  
Good morning Muse.  How are you Nikki, Sorry I've been so busy, but I can't help it.  I get so into this shit I kind of get blinded to everything else.  Marc

1 comment:

  1. ditto on the busy thing man...i totally understand, no worries.
    score on the new piano!! that rocks.
    and i bet jr's new tracks are amazing, so stoked for that.
    have a rockin' weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete