Monday, May 18, 2009

John Prine Revisited




Had a great day.  Won a matched pair of Telefunken TD7's on ebay today.  Won a EV RE10 yesterday.  My mic collection is starting to go full tilt.  There's Peluso, Sennheiser, EV, Telefunken, Cascade, AKG, Audio Technica, Heil, Shure, Unidyne, Blue, Rode, Oktava, and, Audix.  Sometimes I can't believe it myself.  We have some serious microphones.  Tube mics, ribbon mics, dynamic mics, condenser mics,and, crystal mics.  You name a style, we got it.  
Jeff and Greg come tonight to work on the Prine sessions.  "Please don't bury me" is on the chart for this evening.  Greg came up with some great ideas for filling out the material we've done so far.  Sort of a ribbon on the package.  If we can get the basic track recorded I'd like to start "Maureen, Maureen" also.  Greg's reading of this classic is haunting.  We have some super thoughts on how to track it also.  That's what I like about going from session to session.  We took a wicked cool technique from the VIVA sessions and are applying it to the Prine material. 
 I've been spreading myself real thin lately.  I have a ton to prepare for this week so I'm ready for Jeff Chafin (and my new piano). I have to set the drums back up.  I have to remove the mic brackets from the old piano.  I have to create a template for the session and decide which mic pre's to use for what.  I have some new ideas i want to try.  Till tomorrow, be cool. 
Todays pix are:  My mom and Mike's Hope, as Willie said "Me and Paul" (Alestra), and my Blockhead. Enjoy, Marc 

No comments:

Post a Comment