Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Lessons learned





Had a rude awakening yesterday.  I was at work and a little hungry.  I saw someone had left a chocolate easter bunny in the lounge, so I broke off his ears and ate them.  Evidently the bunny had been left out and open since easter.  Twenty minutes later and my stomach was doing summersaults.  I must have run to the john 15 times in an hour.  I lost so much fluid that I think i'm still recovering.  I can tell my electrolytes are all out of whack.  I feel guidy and weak.  Lesson: don't eat something you don't know about.  
Greg and Jesse spent the rainy afternoon at ELEGBALAND and came up with the "ode to elegbaland".  I think it's going to be our new theme song.  I love it, very tropical sounding.  Greg used his new ukelele.  Sort of a tribute to George Harrison's favorite instrument.  It is really creative because they had no drums to use.  They were in the house because we had a session.  The oercussion came from what they found in the room.  The tympani, a banjo head, the guirro and a bell.  Greg played uke and the nord keyboard.  I love these guys.  
Getting ready to order our RETRO 176 and ARSENAL AUDIO units.  I don't know of anyone in Florida who has a RETRO.  I DON'T EVEN KNOW ANYONE WHO HAS ONE ANYWHERE.  This thing eats LA2A's for breakfast.  In researching compressors, this thing constantly is at the top of the foodchain.  It is based on the UREI 175B compressor which was first designed by Bill Putnam prior to the 610 as a broadcast amplifier and limiter.  These things run 10 thousand dollars for a vintage unit.  The only problem is most people want two to use at the end of the signal chain in mastering.  Needless to say, ELEGBALAND will have the best vocal tracking facility in Florida. 
Todays pix: the best fuzz unit ever (the L&M Soundreader), Gregs vintage KAY guitar (my favorite guitar ever now), Our ever evolving rack at E land, and our mascot (the Big Lebowski) thanks Keith.  Till we meet again, Marc
 

1 comment:

  1. the dude abides.
    sorry to hear about the bunny incident...hope you feel better soon!!!

    ReplyDelete