Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Still waiting for fed ex





Two more days to go.  I'm still watching for the fed ex guy.  I finally got my RE10 today.  Can't wait to try it.  It looks cool as shit, sort of like a mini RE16.  Still trying to figure out what style period design my piano is. It sort of looks like what would happen if a piano had sex with a school desk.  Maybe this thing is the Alien.  It's sound is right out of piano heaven.  The special dampening feature gives it that John Lennon sound when engaged.  It's almost mellotronish.  
I was looking at some pictures of the Music Shed in New Orleans.  My Michael had sent them to me while recording the Modern Skirts CD.  The Music Shed is where Robert Plant and Allison Krauss recorded their Grammy winning album Raising Sand.  I couldn't help but notice they had only one item in their rack that I don't have.  And guess what?  I will thursday! I must be becoming an equipment snob.  Nobody in South Florida can even touch ELEGBALAND's front end. I spent 319.00 on five cable to connect them today.  Remember, cables are the most important part of the signal chain.  You can have the best shit around, but a cheap cable can ruin the whole deal.  When it comes to cables, you get what you pay for.  Tip of the day, try Blue Jean Cables from Colorado.  Custom made and top flight cable.  
Finished "Please don't bury me" last night with Greg and Jeff.  We were having a very non-productive evening when in a flash, Greg had a musical epiphany. He played his torso for the percussion.  We mic'd him with a Cascade Radiator dual ribbon thru an API pre and an 1176 style compressor.  He played the first two beats on the chest and then hit the tummy for the three beat.  Flippin genius.  Sounds like a horse galloping thru the song.  Next he put on his Frankie Vallie hat and did a high harmony on the chorus.  Pure vintage Stanley Brothers flavor.  Summertime is finally  back and Kitty Cottage/Elegbaland studio is showing it.  Yodays pix are the entrance to Elegbaland, the view off Captain Ricks boat, the Royal Poinciana that shades our summer days, and, Gregs compression settings for playing his torso!  Have a great day y'all.  Hi Muse.

2 comments:

  1. first off, greg, that is sooooo hardcore, way to take one for the team!!!
    and vintage stanley brothers sounds...nice!
    next, nothing wrong with being an equipment snob...and finally, your pics are very pretty, makes me want a vacation!!!
    hope all is well, and hope that fed ex guy shows up!!!
    cheers.

    ReplyDelete