Sunday, March 29, 2009

blackfinger video shoot and gay pride parade




What a wild day. Left the house at 9:30 a.m., in a cute little dress greg picked out last night, for the Lake Worth Gay Pride parade. Blackfinger had a float, actually a rolling stage, so they could film a video for their new CD "Where's my parade". It was a hoot. Six little girls about eight years old came up and said "we like your dress, mister. Is it Laura Ashley? A man walked up at Starbucks and said it was nice I could finally come out. Another, seductively, said he liked my chest. I thanked him. Several people complimented my dress and my neighbor said he never saw me look quite so lovely. A man in a clown suit came up and said "hey marc". I noticed it was my friend martin. A rather angry looking redneck scowled at me, as if to say...faggot. I was having a ball. What a day, bead throwing queers, dikes on bikes, bondage lovers. The best was when the cops took away a few haters with signs saying that homo love is dangerous to national security. They had bullhorns and big placards smeared with their doom bullshit. The crowd roared with glee when the cops took them away. It was epic.
Next we went to GSTAR school for the rest of the video shoot. GSTAR is where RADIOHEAD shot their Grammy nominated video. The backdrop was perfect. The weather cooperated long enough and the shoot went great. I met several new friends today. That was the best part. I also learned that I like the feel of a skirt. I've never felt so free and cool.
Thanks Lori for the pictures. Can I be a "groupie house" member if I keep wearing my dress? Hope you feel better.

2 comments:

  1. Nice!
    Looks like it was a ton of fun!
    And the dress is lovely.
    Peace!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marc, you have always been a Groupie House favorite. You may join us anytime, with or without the dress!

    ReplyDelete