Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Just returned from the doctors and was diagnosed with a case of GAS (gear acquisition syndrome). He could tell from the gouge in my wallet.  Turns out he plays guitar and he asked me what recording pre's i had at elegbaland. I asked why and he said he had a mackie board the he ran into calkwalk.  I told him at the studio John and I have TOFT, APOGEE, UNIVERSAL AUDIO, PM 1000, LANGEVIN, API and VINTECH.  He almost choked and came up with his diagnosis for my financial pain immediately.  He was certain when we started to talk compressors and limiters.  I have been put on a strict diet of no ebay or mail order fliers.  John hid all the catalogs and i find myself rummaging thru technical manuals. Is there no hope.  Listening to "Lonelyville" as Storch Bros record in the main room, I wish I was that good.  What a great song.  Well till later, work to do now kids, Marc P.S. tommorow we go back to work on my "Tropical Depression" album. Can't wait to see Greg again. Hope he has some good ideas.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you have a lot of cool projects underway at Elegbaland. I bet all of Palm Beach can feel the creative energy spilling out of there. I am so glad that you will be working on Tropical Depression again. By the time you finish it you will have enough material for two more records. Love and Peace to all.

    ReplyDelete