Friday, March 20, 2009

This Weekend

I love recording music. I love recording my own even better. This weekend I get to do both. I hope I don't get so manic that I drive everyone who is participating away.

John's Silvertone U1 will get a workout. I plan to use it on two of the three songs. My 64 "custom shop" Firebird 1 will also be on hand. I hope to have some of the slide parts played on it because I love it's tone. It is still the single loudest guitar I have ever heard. I'm sure new papa Andy McAusland could do the "Johnny Winter" on it with no problem.

Speaking of slide, as I walked outside Elegbaland last night, I heard John playing slide on our 1940's Rickenbacher lap steel. What a cool moaning sound it was.

Probably won't blog this weekend because I will be too wrapped up in the session. Shouldn't really matter cause don't think many folks are reading this anyhow. Till Monday, have a great weekend all

1 comment:

  1. i quite enjoy your blog sir.
    i came across is while reading john's and it is very interesting.
    your studio sounds amazing.
    keep up the awesome work and have fun recording!

    ReplyDelete