Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Getting Busy



Booked a band called Viva La Vox today.  A three piece.  Real rockabilly.  Think Stray Cats on steroids. 
Went to help tweak the P.A. at a club called Propaganda today.  What a mess.  Whoever wired this rig should have their head examined.  A crossover running into a crossover.  Compressors into compressors. Everything was redundant. And; because of that, none of the Eq made any changes in the program.  I suggested rewiring the system.  That way the redundancy could be eliminated.  They had some primo old gear.  UREI EQs and DBX 166 compressors.  Can't wait to see what they can do and show the rig some justice.
John is playing there next week with Mike Dunn and the Kings of New England.
Working on the guitars for "tropical depression".  I have begun to notice a leit motif of "heroes" and" freedom" as a theme.  The reference pops up in several songs.  I wonder what my shrink would say.  
Going to record the drums and bass for the new Storch Brothers CD on Saturday.  Bill Meredith is back in town and the guys can move forward now. 
Came to the realization today that I need to get on with my life get busy doing instead of waiting. Nothing is fair and we play the cards we're dealt.  But, time doesn't wait. I have too much to do to wait any more. I have been lazy far to long and it's my time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment