Friday, March 13, 2009

friday nite at elegbaland


Running off tracks to give Greg to listen to before we start laying down "TROPICAL DEPRESSION".  I am so excited I could scream.  Pinch me, is this real.  The friends that have volunteered to play on my project is staggering.  Greg Lovell, Andy McCausland, Sean Fernandez, John, Marie Nofsinger, Jeff Merkling its unreal.  There's a lot more too, Jeff, Susan, Dan, it is all to insane for me to fathom.  I am starting with "Circling the drain",  "Lies we tell ourselves" and "Painting the town".  I feel these are some of the best songs I have ever written and can't wait to hear what others think.  I'm also real jazzed about the possibilities considering Greg and John are off scale at producing a song. Funny enough they are all piano driven songs.  I feel a certain comfort level writing on piano and John has taught me some real cool piano inversions.  He also is trying to break me out of ABAB; and, introduced me to the bridge.  Greg has begun to show me counter-melodies and I feel like I am reaching the next level in my composing.  It is also time to retune the old piano.  Manfred should stop by this week to fix that.  I've grown spoiled having the piano tuning guy live down the street. Anyway time to cut this blog and get back to work. Till tomorrow  Penny Lane is in my ears and in my heart.  Marc   

No comments:

Post a Comment