Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Going to open mic nite today with my friend Jeff Merkling and gonna play John Prine/Steve Goodman songs. Souveniers and Please don't bury me. Should be fun. Haven't played with Jeff since Hillbilly Heart and am looking forward to it. Will also play "everybody said" from Hillbilly Heart album. John's in the studio with the boner layin down bass tracks for "Wild and Free" project. He seems incredibly jazzed about the project and that makes me very happy. He's running around like a mad scientist, hair all in shambles, goodwill clothes, guitars taped together, and always humming or singing. It's a trip. I've never met anyone who could make any instrument play a song. Our studio looks like a spider web, keyboards plugged into guitar amps into ribbon mics into tube pres into compressors its madness. I love this life.

No comments:

Post a Comment