Monday, March 23, 2009

Tropical Depression

Wow what a weekend session. Not much recorded but a great start on my songs. I know where I am going now.

First, to Nik, the band helping me record (blackfinger) just recently recorded a song for the south florida roller derby girls. You should check out blackfinger on myspace. I will try to forward you a copy. It mentions all the girls by name. It is a rockin song. The girls go to many of their shows too!

Now, about the weekend. Greg played an incredible organ part for my song "lies we tell ourselves". We worked on tone for an hour or so, but the key was his use of the leslie. I love the way it speeds up and ramps down in certain parts. He also played the drums. Sean Fernandez came in and laid down the bass in about two minutes. He is so *&%$#$ good. In the afternoon, Andy McAusland come over and played the guitar. I love his part. He has so much feel.

John came over and edited the bass and reamped the drums and the vocal. I love the way he hears things. The piano is little ol' me. I also got to do the tamborine solo, haha.

Jesse Dalton is coming over tuesday night to record the rythym tracks to "circling the drain" and "heroes" with Sean. I love the tempo of them. 'Heroes" has a very WHOish sound while "circle" sounds like exile era STONES.

Again, thanks to Blackfinger and John for helping me get this baby off the ground. It's been a long time coming. Marc

1 comment:

  1. I do like Blackfinger.....they are pretty rad!
    I came across some videos on youtube of their CD release party, and was instantly hooked. And any band that supports their local derby girls is alright in my book!!!
    I would like to hear that track tho, sounds very, very cool!!
    I am stoked to hear that you are on a roll with your project as well...i bet you rocked the tambourine solo! : )
    keep up the awesome work.
    cheers.

    ReplyDelete