Friday, April 24, 2009

Columbo

Doing slueth work today. Gonna find the SOB who ripped us off. Going to find what bands followed Bfinger and be all over them. Gonna check out staff too. I haven't been this pissed about something for a long time and swore years ago I would never be like that again. I am scared for when I find you. Better be careful, I'm your worst nightmare. Better never take the shit to a show cuz if I see it, it will be your last. I have spent years and countless money and time acquiring my gear and it means the world to me. JR trusted me to leave enough to leave his gear with me, so he got clipped to. Hope Karma finds you before me.
Going to record alone tonight. Guitar on "run to me". Vox too. That will give me five songs in the can after the weekend. Now I'm starting to move. "Run to me", "Daisy", "Circling the drain", "Lies we tell ourselves", and "Heroes". "Downhill slide" doesn't need much more either.
I did use my old Harmony amp to record my guitar part on heroes. I am in love with the sound. 5 watts of unadulterated tube tone. Nothing sounds like an out of phase strat plugged into a cranked tube amp. No pedals just my fingers, the strat, the Harmony, and your ears.
I also think all girls should be required to wear guitar logo T-shirts as PJ's. Nothing quite greets one in the morning like that special love wearing nothin' but the shirt and a smile. Now that's love. Also gets ones imagination moving.
Got told "lies" reminds a friend, in Texas, of "sleepwalking" by Modest Mouse. I will have to check it out. I told this to greg and he said "lies " is better. Ha. I wish. I have a niece who lives in Texas also, I will have to hook them up. In fact she has also been to a Ralston show out there. Her brother is my Mikey, who recorded several JR records. Mikey owns "Listen Up Studios" in New Orleans. He is with the Drive By Truckers this week recording in the Big Easy. I am told Booker T is also going to be there. Last week he recorded Gladys Knight and M.J. Blidge.
Till later, peace, except to the thieving Sons of Bitches who ripped us off, Marc

1 comment: