Wednesday, April 29, 2009

John Prine






Well, the John Prine project is really starting to snowball.  Jeff is on board to produce and make his engineering debut.  He comped the oacal to "Daisy" today and it sounds kick ass.  I have no qualms about his qualifications.  He has as good an ear for music as anyone I have ever met.  His work ethic is second to none, and, he is a world class musician.  Gonna try to do: HELLO IN THERE, CHAIN OF SORROW, PARADISE, THAT'S THE WAY (THAT THE WORLD GOES ROUND), FISHIN AND WHISTLE, SOUVENIRS, PLEASE DON'T BURY ME, ANGEL FROM MONTGOMERY, DONALD AND LYDIA, IN SPITE OF OURSELVES, AND,GRANDPA WAS A CARPENTER.  Maybe even THE FOUR WAY STOP DILEMMA.  Can't wait to do a few songs with Marie.  Maybe IN SPITE and ANGEL FROM. 
Going to do the PAINTING THE TOWN vocal tomorrow.  Of course after the Blackfinger SUNFEST show at 5:30 on the main stage!  Still my favorite band.  Of course, they are like the house band here at ELEGBALAND.  How cool is that.  
Greg gave me that guitar building project, and now I think he has the bug himself.  I forsee a "thinline tele" in his near future.  Any suggestions as to color out there folks?  
Lunchbox dropped me off a disk of pictures from the show at the strip club where we played guitar for the PROFIT BOYS.  It was a hoot.  Lots of "brothers" and "sisters".  We got strip searched for weapons at the door.  I positioned myself at the dancers pole on my side of the stage.  I figured it was the best place to see some action.  Anyway, it was a riot.  I had my finger injected that afternoon and it was throbbing.  I remember I was eating percodans like PEZ.  Notice my thumb on my fretting hand is never touching the neck.   I played my 51 NOCASTER.  Bill played my 68 Les Paul.  I played through my Blaze "tweed deluxe".  They could more than hear us.  We were felt.  
Till later Marc 
Sorry one picture got duplicated.

No comments:

Post a Comment