Sunday, April 5, 2009

Storch Bros. Band




Had a killer day recording the Storches (John and Bill)  yesterday.  The drums came out better than any I have ever done.  The kick sounds like thunder.  Slowest attack possible and the fastest release on the compressor.  You can hear it "WOOF" all the way back to the second mic.  More important, you can feel it in your core.  That's for you Greg! I also feel the toms are regal. Big and deep like "in the air tonight" oor anything by Don Henley.  Charles Dye suggested I ambient mic the walls for a room sound. The Peluso P12 worked wonderfully and I think 75 percent of the drum sound will come from there.  
My Mikey is in Atlanta this weekend recording Mary J Blidge and Gladys Knight.  How cool is that?  
Ron Desarm played the bass for the Storch sessions.  Ron looks better than I've ever seen him.  When he's not on the junk, he's the best guitarist I know.  He brought his own hollowbody Ibanez bass (think Hofner sounds).  He ended up opting for Elegbalands P bass for all but one of the songs however. 
After the session, the Storches brought up the possibility of playing out as Hillbilly Heart again.  I asked if Ron would also be interested in playing some guitar on my record.  All answers were yes.
John and Jeff Snow are painting Jeff's house this weekend.  Kind of weird, all day and not a peep out of John.  They must be tired.
Ron, Bill,  and the Storches are going to perform some of the new songs at Ric Pattison's open mic tuesday at Havana Hideaway. I hope they play "Lonelyville".  "Roll away the stone (Spooky's blues)" should also wow the crowd.   
Had a guy call and try to sell me a Hammond Mark 1 organ the other day.  They got here and I had a bad vibe it was stolen.  They only wanted 60 bucks, think crack.  I would have liked to say that's why I didn't buy it, but really it had to many mods and scared me away.
All of these great thing going on and I am still the unhappiest guy in the world.  Wish I could fix it.  Freedoms just another word.

1 comment:

  1. sounds like another busy weekend for you man!
    i hope all is well with you, and have an awesome week!
    the logo is sweet!!!
    looks good.

    ReplyDelete