Monday, April 13, 2009

I have to admit, it's getting better


Getting so much better all the time.  Had Ron come over today and wrestled with some guitar tone.  He wanted to play the tele, but we settled on the strat.  Ran into the 63 reverb tank and straight into the tweed deluxe.  Sent the signal to the recorder by a Radial JDX direct box and also mic'd it with a Fathead ribbon about six inches from the outside edge of the speaker cone.  The JDX signal went to a Universal Audio 610 and then a Summit Audio DCL200 compressor.  The Fathead ran into a Vintech 1272 and then an Empirical Labs Distressor in "brit mode".  The miked signal got about 2-1 compression, just enough to sweeten it.  The direct signal was 3-1 but really driven hard on the input and alot of third order harmonics added in.  
Going to try to do some guitars to "Lucy".  Told Ron I'm looking for that Mic Taylor sound on the end of the solo for "Can't you hear me (knockin)".  
Going to map out the rest of the "blackfinger" songs on my record with Greg this afternoon.  JR is going to help me with "painting the town".  Told him think "wild billy's circus story".  I hear tuba, accordian, and mandolin.  Very vaudville.  
Starting to get stir crazy.  I really want to get moving on these songs and I can't physically do it. It hurts too much.  Can't stay down like this.  I have too much energy.  
Did some studio mods today.  Got all the midi modules racked and working.  We needed to have all of them available.  So many cool sounds.  Plus it looks really awesome.  Have a good day. Marc

No comments:

Post a Comment