Thursday, April 23, 2009

Work still sucks











Well, back at work two days and it still sucks.




Greg kindly agreed to comp the vocal for "daisy". I am really glad. The songs we're working on all have a great feel. None of the instruments step on each other. More a symphony than my normal Cacophony. "Circling the drain" is sounding so awesome I can hardly believe it's me. JR did some harmonies last the night before last and Marie Nofsinger is coming over this weekend to add more. Andy is coming over to get my baritone guitar (tuned B to B) to work out some tic-tac lines. It is a Danelectro and is configured like a bass size strat. I've heard through the grapevine that he "hears" some dobro on it also.




To the no good piece of shit(s) that stole mine and JR's gear we lent Blackfinger for a show, I hope you die SOON and rot in hell. Stealing gear is about the lowest thing on the face of the earth. We take so much pride in it, derive great pleasure fron using it, and become emotionally attatched to it. In my mind, it is much akin to a rape. The custom made "Elegbaland studio" monograms on the cables should make them stick out like a sore thumb. We have lots of friends who are musicians. You will never rest. If I ever find you or where you are, you can sell your soul to God, because your ass is mine. I joke not! I'm too old to get punked by some lazy child. I will find you. I've left shit in green rooms all over and never been clipped..




Recorded the final bass tracks for the Storch Brothers last night. The songs a great. Can't wait to start on the electric guitars. Till tommorrow Marc
P.S. since I had not much to say i add some pix. My friend Joe Bellucio, a great accordian player, me and my friend Jean Lambert (jean lets me lean on her occasionally), Lori Smith our singer right before our Sunfest show (the rain was so had you can't see the intracostal twenty feet away behind the palm trees and look at all the empty seats, everyone ran for cover), and Lunchboxs' daughters Taylor and Sidney.

1 comment:

  1. people suck.
    what the hell is wrong with people?
    everytime i hear about someone jacking someones else's equipment it breaks my heart.
    that sucks dude. i totally agree about it bein one of the lowest, shittiest things that can happen. 'tis a small world, and karma is a bitch.
    deuces.

    ReplyDelete