Monday, April 20, 2009

now i'm movin'



Had a killer day yesterday.  Recorded for nine and a half hours with Greg.  Did great harmonies on "lies" and "circle".  Did acoustic and electric guitars on "circle". Twice now I have heard Greg record great parts with a strat.  I distinctly remember Greg having said he hates strats.  It's what they stand for, wanking white Stevie Ray wannabees.  Greg can really wiggle some cool phrases out of a guitar, but being the front guy, he never gets to.  I could tell he was enjoying the opportunity. Kind of like getting back with an old flame.  Anyway our choice of a 77 strat (thanks storch bros) a Blaze Fender deluxe and nothing else, pure unadulterated tone<>Greg is doing lots of the production and editing for my CD now.  He comp'd the vocal for "circle" and did a kick ass job.  He is a true joy to work with, as long as he doesn't get pissed( he has a short fuse).  He learns faster than anyone I know. He really has a lot of "real world" logic. If only I could change his mind about strats. 
Jr used a banjo to sing a vocal through the other day.  What a great trick. When I hung it up there I knew someone would hear it resonate and use it for something.  I was right. 
Gonna record the piano to lies again today.  Three mics place lo to high on the soundboard.  Send them to API preasmps and no compression.  
Finished "Daisy".  Going to do the vocal and guitar on "Run to me" and then I will have five songs close to finished. Then I start on "LJ", Painting the town", "That fuckin guitar" and "All my life". 

No comments:

Post a Comment