Sunday, April 26, 2009

what a great weekend



Spent yesterday with Marie Nofsinger and Greg Lovell.  Marie is one of the coolest chicks on the planet.  A true "mother earth" type.  They did harmonies on "circling the drain". I could listen to Marie sing forever.  It's like being in a room with Lucinda Williams.  She also had a great idea and laid down a tamborine track.  Greg got me in front of the mic with a cowbell.  MORE COWBELL.  Later, Greg did an acoustic track on "Heroes" with JRs LG1.  We have also decided to recut my guitar part on "Heroes" with a slightly less distorted amp tone.  Goodbye my Harmony track.  I sure liked you.
Yesterday was my mom and dad's 56 wedding anniversary.  Went over to a party for them and had dinner.  I was the youngest one there and all the old condo ladies looked at me like dinner.  What a trip.  The conversation was right out of a nursing home.  Talk of great cheap food, ailments (i was right at home there), the old mens former conquests, you name it.  Very "Twilight Zone".  
Today I'm gonna record the vocals for "Heroes".  This song rocks.  I don't mean that because it's mine. This song friggin rocks, right from the start till the last note.  Greg gave me a Rickenbacker 610 body yesterday.  I love to build guitars.  I already have a 610-12.  Think the Beatles or Tom Petty.  I am going to build a killer guitar like John Lennons 3/4 guitar from the early days. Look out EBAY, here I come. I love 3/4 size guitars. They have a different tone because of the scale and are great for big open rythmn chords.  
The muse liked "Circling the drain".  I thought, she ought to. So did Nik.  Waiting to hear from my daughter about it.  Oh, by the way Nik, I have a niece who lives near you I think, and she is very cool. You should hook up sometime.
Mikey getting ready to work with the Drive By Truckers.  Booker T playing with them.  I know Neil Young will be at the festival.  Well I read in the paper today that Booker T has a new record out with the Drive By's as his band and Neil Young on lead guitar.  Could they all come together in New Orleans?  I am so jealous of Mike right now.  I'm also so proud of him.
Well I'm too long winded. Till tomorrow, Marc 

1 comment:

  1. more cowbell!!
    i like that pic of greg & guitars, its kewl.
    and i do really dig the new track, its great!
    where exactly does your niece live?
    talk soon.

    ReplyDelete