Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Too much going on

I have so many things half done I can't believe it. I change my mind like my underwear, ask JR. Lsat night, while working on my project, Keith came over. You know what that leads to, another song half finished. I had this song, "Painting the town", that I recorded once on piano. Greg said it was to long and loose the piano. I shortened it and used a pad and a wurlitzer instead. The lyrics got lost in the pad but I love the pad. I figured that song is done. Keith heard it and played the most wonderful acoustic guitar behind it. It let the pad go back to being a pad and put the "beat" back into the song. Now I can deliver the vocal the way I planned. I am very happy with it at this point. Keith ended up laying four acoustic guitar tracks on it, including some great little lines.
Going to record "souveniers" with Jeff this coming week. I love this song and think Jeff and I do a great John Prine/Steve Goodman impression. I have the feeling this record is going to come off great. Real rootsy. Well gotta go to work. Later Marc

No comments:

Post a Comment